Author Topic: Art  (Read 6345 times)

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
Art
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:32:55 am »
Not sure if this really comes under crafts? But painting is my pasion and what I do when I cant get out and about.

I am just doing my first animal portrate, so thought I would share. Oil on canvas.

Unfinished, so this is a cropped image of the face; the painting is a full body painting when done.

This is my dog, Zadie shes a 6 year old German Shepard.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:34:37 am by Cobra »

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Art
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:54:24 am »
Wow - beautiful!  :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:27 pm »
stunning.   we have a gorgeous german shepherd...who's currently lying on my feet snoring her head off!!
Little Blue

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 05:34:48 pm »
You're GOOD! Well impressed ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 11:15:10 pm »
Can we see the photo that you used?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 11:37:52 pm »
Thank you for your lovely comments, referance photo below; I tend to share this with friend's on an art forum, wasn't to sure here.  :-[

I always painted as a young chap, but haven't touched it for years, its only in the last couple of years that I have come back to it, since the illness. For pleasure and rehabilitation to be honest.

This is the photo, I changed the background as I felt the brick was to close to her colour in places.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:43:11 pm by Cobra »

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:37:58 pm »
Zadie is a stunner....
but I'm biased - she has the same colouring and markings as our Sheba!
Little Blue

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 10:46:36 pm »
I like it. Well done!
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 11:25:00 am »
Have you thought of doing them for bespoke birthday cards?  Sort of thing one would want to keep forever.

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »
Have you thought of doing them for bespoke birthday cards?  Sort of thing one would want to keep forever.

Yes I had looked at cards and prints etc. Its expensive to set up and get a decent print quality, I have a supplier for cards envelopes etc but Ive yet to be happy with the quality. Quite a few of the artists do cards, they charge around £2.50 and to be honest although their art work is good the cards are, to be blunt Na ff, inkjet print stuck on card in some cases.

I don't feel confident enough in my art work to sell yet: I have been asked for commissions, which is a very nice compliment and obviously they must like what I do. My usual work is of bikes and biking or the local countryside here, I was considering animal portrait, dogs, horses etc; but as I said this is my first and I would need to do many more before i considered commissions.
Don't get me wrong I'm pleased that I have got where I am, I don't have much self belief, which is a shame; to be honest I enjoy what I do for the pleasure without the hassle and pressures.

I was going to do this as a card, a lady in America wanted a very large print made of it for her study.

(Please if I'm doing wrong adding this type of content to the forum, tell Ill remove it straight away; every thing is linked so as not to use the forum bandwidth or space.)

This will give you a better idea of what I do, I made this to go on my website, its just a ruff demo at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcRQn15hpQc

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:15:19 pm by Cobra »

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 11:45:49 pm »
thats even nicer!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 12:13:23 am »
They are lovely - I love that sunset one!  I wish I was artistic - I just make greetings cards for friends and family - just sticking things on card.  And occasionally I do some scrap booking
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »
Its all very good, for me though it was the digital art fantastic

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS