Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bye Paddy and Jasmine!!  (Read 2619 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Bye Paddy and Jasmine!!
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:56:59 am »
Only put the advert on Goats UK late last night, and by lunchtime I had some phone calls about Jasmine.  Some lovely people came out to view her this afternoon with their three children.  They liked her, said they would take her, and then fell in love with Paddy the billy too ............so he went with them as well.  I am a bit sad to see them go, as they were two of my favourites, but pleased they have gone to a good home together - they came to me as a pair, and seem devoted to each other.  I felt a bit bad though as I waved them off, and saw two faces gazing out at me ........

Had a giggle before they left. We loaded them, and left the two kids in the stable.  One of the kids managed to get over the door, followed by the other one, screaming the place down. I left the people and went to get some goat feed to entice them back.  When I returned, they had managed to get a kid each and were holding them in their arms.  my neighbour came out to his car, spotted these strangers holding my goat kids, and no sign of me.  I think he was just about to tell them to drop the kids, when he spotted me.  But well done for being vigilant!!

I am left with two kids screaming the place down.  They did shut up once it went dark though.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Bye Paddy and Jasmine!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:03:26 am »
Roxy , it sounds like a lovely home for them! I'm pleased they went together but I can see how upset you would be - especially 2 little faces looking back at you (made me well up that bit did!!)
if its any consolation, my children give our goats soooooooo much love, time and affection and it is clearly reciprocated. I am sure that Jasmine and Paddy are about to go into a similar set up. there seems to be some affinity between human kids and goats!!
take care and big hug xxx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 12:52:12 pm »
Awwww, they went so quickly! Still I am glad they have gone together, I hope it will be a loving caring home. And that the new owners will contact you back again if they find they can't cope.

Beth

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 04:27:05 pm »
wow, that was fast! lucky goats it sounds like they will have a good home - and if the people can catch and pick up kids already then they must have "the knack" !!

Hope the rest go so well....
Little Blue

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:35 pm »
Oh, how quick was that! Hope it all goes well and the kids will settle down soon. Not quite sure how easy it would be for me to sell some of my goats.... So different to sheep!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 12:11:53 am »
Oh, I did "vet" them on the phone, and then when they arrived.  I asked questions such as had they kept goats (lady had kept goats since she was a child) could she milk (yes).  What sort of set up would they be going to (field behind the house with shelter) etc. etc.  They answered all my questions, and did not seem to mind!!

I got a text this morning to say they had settled in well, and the lady had managed to milk Jasmine ok.  They do have other goats (Golden Guernseys)

Kids are not yelling quite as bad today, just morning and night, when they would have their milk.  But they had their feed and some nice hay tonight, and have quietened down.  They want to come out, but I dare not risk it yet .....they will be throwing themselves over the walls looking for Jasmine.

I have had an enquiry about the 5 large castrated boys today ....although the man did ask if they were pygmy goats!!  No, completely the opposite in size I said.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS