Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: duck egg incubation/ humidity  (Read 1807 times)

hunter001

• Joined Feb 2010
duck egg incubation/ humidity
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:32:11 am »
Hi
I have had some eggs in my incubator for 16 days now at humidity of 50% but i got up this morning and noticed the humidity had dropped to 30% over night
a total of 7 hours. i've got humidity back up, but what i would like to know is if everything will still be ok and also if i need to do anything different now?

Many thanks

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: duck egg incubation/ humidity
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:46:36 am »
Hello H At the Hatchery 25000 eggs are put in the setter at a temperature 99.5 F and Humidity 55% which is set up a couple of days in advance so it is stabilised.
After 25 days increase the Humidity to 80% As the eggs start to pip open vents to 50% and set temp to 97F and Humidity to 70% increase the incubator ventilation from 50%  to wide open.When 75% of the hatchlings are dry remove all from the incubator.Don't forget to turn the eggs 4 times a day. In the big units the eggs are turned every hour automatically.Hope this helps :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS