Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My pig is in love!!  (Read 1710 times)

whizz

• Joined Apr 2010
My pig is in love!!
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:27:59 pm »
I know that pigs and other animals should not even share a fence line and I've tried explaining that fact to Pearl, my G.O.S pig but she is in love with my 4 month old  billy kid.  They are inseparable, both cry piteously when parted.  The other day she broke down the fence and I found her fast asleep cuddled up to him with chicks by her side and a big smile on her face.  Is this normal?

HappyHippy

Re: My pig is in love!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 04:50:12 pm »
Sounds like the kind of 'normal' we have too lol!  ;)
Would have made a great photo  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 05:43:03 pm »
If they are both single as in one goat and one pig they need the company of each other.  Bit  like a person living alone but having a dog or cat as a companion.

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:41:42 pm »
Sounds lovely to me as long as the goat dowsn't get squashed!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:50:12 pm »
our boar lived with the goats for longer than he should have, due to illness, before going to "his girls"
he refused to leave the goats at first, though they started to get abit fed up him Im sure.  but when he lifted the fence the other day and all the pigs escaped.... he went back to the pig place without a second look at the goats who were all shouting encouragement!!
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS