Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lambs have arrived !  (Read 2398 times)

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
Lambs have arrived !
« on: January 05, 2017, 12:40:38 am »
The yearly post, this years lambing has been very successful an has came to an end early this morning with a lovely lively pair off a first time gimmer , not one dopey lamb all have been very lively an most lambed them selves. The ram used was my stock ram who has proven very popular in show ring in 2016. Hoping everything is going well for everyone else coming upto lambing ! Would love to hear from yous..
Post a few of the fav photos so far (an we have added a pedigree poll Dorset gimmer to the flock who has lambed recently)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Lambs have arrived !
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:44 am »
Lovely. I'm sure I'm going to miss it this year.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:42:29 pm »
The one in the second pic looks a big lamb. All lovely though
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lilljoho

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »
What do you do with your lambs after lambing? Do u turnout or keep in the shed? I'm lambing in January this year for the first time

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:30:49 pm »
that black lamb looks huge! We will b lambing in april-may this year, all being well, although we have some due in march  :excited: Hope lambing goes well for you and all the best! :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 02:42:37 pm »
What do you do with your lambs after lambing? Do u turnout or keep in the shed? I'm lambing in January this year for the first time
we tent to keep them in a few days then turn them out during the day an in at night , then do that for a week or so then turnout full time depending on weather but we have a shelter in the field

beagh-suffolks

• Joined Oct 2014
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 02:44:31 pm »
that black lamb looks huge! We will b lambing in april-may this year, all being well, although we have some due in march  :excited: Hope lambing goes well for you and all the best! :thumbsup:
the black one is a very big lamb so is her twin sister ! They were the biggest pair born this year an weigh like lead

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS