Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Accidentally in love  (Read 4485 times)

DartmoorLiz

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Devon
Re: Accidentally in love
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 06:35:28 pm »
Its encouraging to know that this sort of thing happens to other people as well as here.  I seem to have semi-permiable boundaries which only fail at critical times.  Houdini got in with the ram 2 weeks early, then the ram got in with the last of the lambs to go - they're all just proving how fit and well they feel.

Can you go onto "flexi-time" for the unexpected second lambing period and get a neighbour to do a few checks while you are at work?
Never ever give up.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 10:17:05 am »
Well, we were just going to go with a second lambing, but with the Zanx Loaghwarts (Manx / Z crosses) having definitely been covered, we decided against it. Whilst we've lambed well grown lambs before, I don't really like the idea of gimmers giving birth before they're fully grown themselves. Also having the ZL's covered by a bigger tup seemed to be asking for trouble.

Anyway, the vet has just given them estrumate injections, so hopefully none of them will lamb now  :fc: .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 11:56:17 am »
Good choice, Womble :thumbsup:  Let us know how it pans out, won't you.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS