Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: the recession bites  (Read 11458 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
the recession bites
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:17 am »
Well thats it folks after much fighting and struggling to survive we have decided to sell the house and move down the ladder. I should be thankful that we at least have that opportunity to still do this, but i think as a man its hard to swallow pride and accept that you cannot keep the family home. the recssion has bitten and bitten deep, but what do you do?? had to take a 25% paycut or no job so over a barrel really. mind you am only 36 so plenty of time to bounce back   :)

Oh well here we go back to estate agent and solicitor hell....... no where did i put that knuckle duster  :o

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: the recession bites
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:17:50 am »
I wish you all the very best of luck,  the recession takes no prisoners. I run my own business and know just how hard things can be when people don't go out and spend money. I hope all works out well for you. :)

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:39 am »
WP think of this as an opportunity to buy something different. Seriously look for a disused pub there are some great deals at whatever cash level you have, from 100k right up to 500k.

Sometimes life has a way of turning out better than you expect in a way you didnt want.

Good luck whatever you decide.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 11:30:37 am »
Good luck with everything WP.

I hope it works out well and things happen quickly for you all.
 :love:
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:38:24 pm »
We are so sad for you WP Lets hope you can find a nice place where you and Jess can grow some pigs and hens and not have to worry about winding down day.What ever don't rely on your income from the pigs etc.You want a stamp on your card and some living cash.I know :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 01:37:15 pm »

So sorry to hear that you are having to sell up, but as you say at 36 there is time to claw your way back up the ladder again, I do wish you all the best and hopefully you will get a quick sale and be able to move on.
Anne

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that WP  :(  as the others have already said, I hope you find somewhere lovely. you are still very young (same age as me  ;) ) so there is time
hope you find your knuckle duster (wish we'd had one for our last estate agent!!)
Lisa  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Susie

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »
Sorry to hear your news WP.

We sold up last year and it was a horrible time. Since then we've moved away, bought land (which was always our dream) instead of another house and rent a beautiful farm house that we could never afford to buy in a million years. Hubby now earns less but has a job he enjoys more, the children love the house and land and although we still don't have much spare money each month we're so much happier than when we were struggling to keep everything going with our last house and workng crazy hours etc.

Hope things work out for you.  :)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »
That's rough WP. I hope things turn out well for you. Good luck.

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:02 am »
Hope things improve for you. Good luck in whatever comes your way
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 01:05:27 am »
Be very careful and take legal advice and quotes before you do this.  There are considerable costs in selling and buying houses, and property has dropped in value also because of the recession.  It is also far more difficult to obtain mortgages.  You may find it is better to stay put and find some other way to solve financial problems.  Banks will restructure loans adn overdrafts.  Mortgage companies will restructure an existing mortgage.  Lawyers and estate agents cost money.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

michale

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 06:40:40 am »
Graphically, we drew our inspiration from the age-old newspaper headline design, with the use of double ruled lines and justified text. For packaging, we stayed true to our ‘no-frills’ concept, using leftover assets from previous projects. Thus, the Recession Bites “brand” was established.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 08:42:22 am »
Good Moaning M as Arthur Bostrom would say.I cannot collate nor do I understand your post other than "Recession Bites) Please tell Wizard what  the rest of the post means
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 09:30:48 am »
I think its taken from this George - http://lovelypackage.com/recession-bites/
looks like an american company...
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 09:48:27 am »
God have i been in  dark place this week, i suppose its just the realisation of what is happening. DOnt get me wrong i thank my lucky stars that we have got an 'escape route', but my silly male pride has taken a bigger battering the the Chief Exec of BP this week. oh well no use crying over spilt milk, time to roll up my sleeves and get messy.

Not trying to be dark or send the conversations spiralling into gloom, just a real situation that i am facing and it is quite a strange concept that i can be open with a bunch of great people whom i have befriended but will probably never meet?? thanks guys

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS