Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What is taking my geese?  (Read 4106 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: What is taking my geese?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 08:37:56 pm »
how close are your neighbours. geese like to wander. they like green stuff ie gardens. they poo a lot and can be noisy. and grumpy. not a bird for neir neighbours

adaskins

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 11:18:51 pm »
I think you'll have to make sure they are totally enclosed until they are really too big for anything other than a fox to take.  Even then you'll still lose them if there is a fox near you.  Look what happened to those babies.  Time all foxes were shot on sight
My answer is a fox, lost 9 Aylesbury full grown ducks, all heads missing, saw Mrs.Fox later coming back for the rest!

whitby_sam

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 10:41:35 am »
I have high fencing around my land but not all of it is in perfect order. Its enough to keep my escape artist dogs in but for some reason foxes and badgers are still getting through...

Neighbours are a few hundred yards as the crow flies but my geese can't get out and aren't close enough to bother them with noise etc.

bamford6

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:51 pm »
start with a trap cage catch these crows try and trap the fox or shoot the thing .dont give up you will sort it iv had a bad week .i had 500 eggs all fertile hatch saterday first 60 came out and then no more late death just dont no lost the lot

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS