Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1602 times)

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
Hi
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:31:11 pm »
Hello all  :wave:,

I am not sure if I come under the definition of a smallholder - I farm a former County Council 'smallholding' of 50 acres which i run commercially, producing hay and haylage mainly for horse owners. I formerly ran a large farm contracting business employing several men - I still run a contracting business but without any employees, carrying out hedgecutting, fencing, hedgelaying, ploughing, haymaking etc.

I have ventured on here to carry out a bit of market research - I am interested in starting a training operation to pass on the skills I have learned over the years to those who may like to learn them. I shall post all the details in the skills/techniques section - if you have time I should like to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks

old ploughman

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:06:18 am »
Welcome, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:38:55 am »
Hi and welcome! Look forward to hearing more from you. Where are you based?

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:28 am »
Hello and welcome
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:19:50 am »
Morning all,

I am based in Shropshire but still feeling very 'homesick' for New Zealand.   :)

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:56:57 pm »
Hi and welcome from Australia.  Just round the corner "ay".  Well when you were still in New Zealand.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS