Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: irish butchers  (Read 2796 times)

banbh

• Joined Jan 2010
  • county galway
irish butchers
« on: May 28, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »
The two pigs I have will be ready for killing in the next month or two.

I would like them to be butchered properly by a butcher who would use the blood, liver etc to make puddings and paté.

Anyone know of one in Ireland?

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
Re: irish butchers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:07:38 pm »
Where are you? We know of a good abbatoir/butcher not too far from us .Do i remember rightly that your Sligo area?

banbh

• Joined Jan 2010
  • county galway
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 04:38:25 pm »
I'm in county galway, but i'll consider anywhere in ireland, we've great roads now!

c day

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:08:45 pm »
http://www.connemarafinefoods.ie/
 this is mc geoughs butchers in connemara famous for air dried lamb, i dont know what kind of service they provide or if they would process a pig but would phone and ask as they look great, big food people.
 adh mor conor

banbh

• Joined Jan 2010
  • county galway
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »
They are great butchers. Located in Uachtar Ard. I get a lot of meat, mostly lamb, from them. Gave me a good tip about spring lamb once - don't get the very early stuff, wait till about now, when the grass-fed lamb is coming in. There are great pork butchers in Uachtar Ard also, Finnerty's. Win national prizes and all sorts. The good folk of Uachtar Ard have wild trout from the lake and two great butchers! But they don't kill. So I have a problem with getting the pluck and blood processed.

There are 20 licenced killers in Co. Galway (cattle and sheep men mostly) and none do full pig killing and butchering as far as I know.

But I'd love to be educated on this...

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:35:16 pm »
Ring your local environmental health dept they should be able to help you track someone down.

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »
Hello There

If you are still looking for an abbatoir in Ireland, ring Joe Delaney of Tully Wood Farm, he will give you the information you need, and the regulations
on blood products in Southern Ireland etc.  071 9647905
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS