Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: offal recipies  (Read 4405 times)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: offal recipies
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:35:39 am »
Oh HM that sounds awesome i may well have a go this weekend!!

Faggots recipe (this is what i amusing leftover from the pigs)

3 hearts - cleaned and chopped into chunks
1.5 - 2lb of liver
1lb of bacon scraps from butcher
2 onions finely chopped
2tsp sage
Salt & pepper
200g breadcrumbs
1 egg

Chop the liver, heart (having removed arteries), bacon and onions, fry gentley until brown. make enough stock with an OXO beef cube and cover the meat, transfer this pan to the over 180C for 50 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and drain the meat through a sieve, retaining the liquid as this will be the base for yoru gravy later. Mince everything to a consistency which suits you then season with S&P & Sage and roughly mix. add beaten egg and breadcrumbs and mix in to balls the size of a small apples and place in another baking tray. once you have all of this put enough of the 'gravy' to come halfway up and return to the oven at 160C for 30-40 minutes until browned on the top. you can then either eat straight away or cool and freeze. lovely with a tin of marrowfat peas!  :wave:

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:48:28 am »
blimey im only reading what you are saying and you sound far more interesting than that
delia smith on tv!
my wife loves her :( i find her so boring she would put anyone off cooking!!
hope your not a fan, if so i apologise now :'(
Langdon ;)

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 10:00:51 am »
my philosophy is chuck it all in together and see how it turns out!! if its crap dont do it again and if it is excellent spend the rest of your life trying to remember how you did it the first time  ???

No Delia for me, but Nigella  :love: on the other hand............................... Get off Wiz shes mine and i am having Birthday rights  :o

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 04:07:25 pm »
Langdon i managed to make 7 trays of faggots yesterday and they are lovely!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS