Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kittens  (Read 7915 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Kittens
« on: June 04, 2010, 05:32:48 pm »
Our kittens are almost ready to leave for new homes.  Got 7 with 3 mums.  All sleep together, but mums know whose who!  Impossible to take pic of all 7, they move so quick

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Kittens
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »
Roxy they are so gorgeous.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:37:00 pm »
CUTE  ;D :cat: ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 09:12:16 pm »
knew I shouldn't have looked!!
they are absolutely gorgeous..... and I will stay strong and resist those big eyes and fluffy *stop it!!*
Little Blue

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:54:11 pm »
gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 11:37:30 pm »
Oh, Little Blue, we have three very fluffy black and white ones - mum is long haired.  Two lovely grey and white ones, who are short haired as well.  I have been making a fuss of them, and picking them up, so they are quite tame.  They had some goats milk with their tea tonight, and loved it.

Went in this afternoon and there was Lillian, mum of 4 of the kittens, and granny to the rest.....She was flat out, and all 7 were feeding from her.  She is very good with all the kittens, and spends a lot of time sitting with them, whereas the other two mums go off hunting.  OK when they have such a good baby sitter!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 01:28:46 pm »
A mad rush of people for the kittens - only two left now.  Not gone yet, will be next weekend.  All got nice homes with nice people, which is my main priority.  Two are off to Lancashire to a farm.  I like it when they can go in pairs, and two more are going to some nice people in Derbyshire, and one to Cheshire, so they are getting about our kittens.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »
ours will be ready to go in a couple of weeks and I am dreading it!! they are gorgeous and sleep on my bed  ::)  one has a good home with a little boy down our lane but the other 4 are yet to be advertised. how do you go about finding the 'right' homes? I don't want them to go just anywhere  :-\
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »
, and two more are going to some nice people in Derbyshire

;)
Little Blue

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 08:04:51 pm »
THank goodness we are too far away and the B&B prevents us having cats as they would end up in peoples rooms ::) I had cats for years previouse to moving up to Scotland and running this business, now, part of me would like a fluffy pedegree one!! Anyway, they are so much fun and cute and easy to look after!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 11:58:50 pm »
Plums, I would try locally first, people you know.  Kittens seem in short supply round here, and even the RSPCA have none, due to most females being speyed, which is good.  But not for people wanting kittens of course.

I give my kittens to friends, and thats what I prefer.  But if I advertise them, I put a price on them, hoping that will mean genuine people will come for them, and look after them, although not always the case sadly.  Some people came for one last year, for their daughter.  Knocked me down on the price (and I had wormed and de flead the kitten).  Two weeks later I saw my kitten on pre loved.  I was so upset.

Little Blue, what happened to you resisting those big eyes?  You did not put up much of a fight did you ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 08:28:27 pm »
:)   :)

you dont end up like us Roxy, if you have willpower.... and wouldnt want it any other way!!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 04:10:13 pm »
I cannot really say much about resisting things, as I look round at what could easily be thought of as an animal sanctuary.

I am trying to get a pic of your kittens - but each time I try, I end up with either just a body, or maybe a tail ......they never sit still!!
Will keep trying, hopefully get lucky eventually.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 09:10:09 am »
3 out of our 5 now have homes for when they are ready in 2 weeks.
there are going to be 4 very upset girls and 1 upset mummy here when they have to go, have grown very attached  :(
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 12:45:17 pm »
I am trying to get a pic of your kittens - but each time I try, I end up with either just a body, or maybe a tail ......they never sit still!!
Will keep trying, hopefully get lucky eventually.

I have that trouble, especially with the enormous dog:  just photos of fluffy blurs!
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS