Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone here used the Clipex metal fencing system?  (Read 10265 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Anyone here used the Clipex metal fencing system?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 07:04:55 pm »
I have yet to mention that I now have several shallow angle kinks in my fence lines (less than 15 degrees off-line) which the Clipex 'beefy' post is quite able to bear without bracing (as advertised) and I have installed 3x larger angle (beefy) kinks/corners and a 90 degree corner all with a single timber 4" (or was it 5") floating-brace dissecting the 'corner' angle.  (Actually, the 90 deg' was something like 87 deg' because I messed up my measures!  I decided not to ferniggle, but did bury a gert big boulder - some 130kg or so - with wire cradle which I then wired up to the top of the brace to help counteract any additional lifting force on the beefy corner post.)  I chose to trial a timber brace on the 'corners' instead of my initial scaffold tube/fittings concoction (as shown in a previous post) as a further cost saving measure. 
Now, I do have to say, this is a trial which has not yet had any real test of time!  However, am reasonably confident and I shall be rolling-out the 2nd field more or less as per.  Single floating-brace corners, in particular, won't suit everyone, but I am not worrying about live-stock nudging the braces:  the dissecting brace set-up also needs a bit of thought/measuring to make sure the corner beefy post is set to take the brace square-on (ish).  Corner bracing intruding into the field is not great for me either, but I will plant willow-crop in the corners to compensate.

Was about to attach 'corner' pics, but they are rubbish.  I'll post some better ones shortly.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:16:11 pm by arobwk »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS