Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Really ill wether  (Read 2379 times)

Fwuffybunnyfeet

• Joined Nov 2016
Really ill wether
« on: November 18, 2016, 03:44:44 pm »
So my two year old castrated sheep has not eaten drank weed or pood for five days!! Emergency vet has been out and in constant contact he can't find anything g obviously wrong has had metacam,antibiotic fluke drench and overall wormer two days ago along with 3 litres of warm water with pro rumen and scour stop.

Today he is bleeding from is mouth a little still and seems to be having trouble breathing not hard breathing but like as if something stuck in his throat :/ vet said to tube him again with pro rumen and scour stop as scouring which I have done but I am sadly convinced the vet either got the pipe in his lungs or ruptured the back of his throat as he violently played up when had the first bit given by vet and so was re done by vet and then again by me today but still no better.

I know the chances are he will have to be euthanased and we are prepared for that but vet said to keep trying as can't find anything really wrong with him.

If it is the case the vet got the first tubing wrong and there is fluid in his lungs or bruising etc and if he caught the back of his throat any ideas how I can help him ??? I'm annoyed as said I would do it but trusted him to do it and he wanted to show his student how to do it just so worried as he sounds like he is skipping breath when he breaths any ideas please to try get him through it???

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Really ill wether
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 09:42:23 am »
I would be very surprised if a vet had gone down into the lungs and not realised, also if this was the case I suspect he would be dead by now as he would have essentially drowned?

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:22:57 am »
Has he still not passed urine?  Did the vet check whether he has a bladder blockage?

What were his initial symptoms which led you to call the vet in the first place?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Fwuffybunnyfeet

• Joined Nov 2016
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 10:40:55 am »
Sadly he died in the night we are devastated he was such a sweet young lad but still no idea what caused it vet thinks it could have been stress from all the noise of the workers at the house. He was checked for everything but nothing physically obvious. From the sound of the breathing last night whilst on phone to emergency vet it appears he may have got the tubing wrong as was rattling vet said to leave him quiet and so we did but found him this morning.

Fwuffybunnyfeet

• Joined Nov 2016
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:43:31 am »
No blockages found no reason seen as to why not eating and drinking but clearly after so much time without eating and drinking he wouldn't be weeing etc we did everything we could he had every drug and every thing we could try but sadly it was not to be

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »
There are several things it could be but at this time of year something-plus-pneumonia is quite likely.  Was he up-to-date on vaccinations? 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS