Author Topic: Fudge!  (Read 6635 times)

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
Re: Fudge!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 12:55:31 pm »
Probably didn't boil it for quite long enough

A good way to tell if it is ready (i.e. will set) is to have a glass of ice cold water next to the mixture, drop some in and  if it doesn't turn the water cloudy and holds together it's done - sounds like yours wasn't quite at that stage - have another go - but the 'ice cream goo' sounds deee-lish!

It needs to go solid enough that you can just roll it into a ball between your fingers. If you boil it for more than that you will have toffee.

did you beat it until it goes grainy like wet sand??

Need to do this too to get the right texture, but leave off the heat for 5 minutes before beating and then stir it until it loses its gloss. Stick it in a tin. Enjoy.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

Sandy

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:23 pm »
All those ingredients would not stay in my cupboard for 5 min...I would eat them like I did with the nic chocolate decorations I bought!!! Fingers crossed, still OK with my diet but it I did eat that yummy stuff it would start me off..I love sweet things!!! :D

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 05:44:28 pm »
Oh michale I'm all agog at your recipe. What happens next? What is it supposed to make? What will it look like?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS