Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Record keeping for pigs and sheep  (Read 1460 times)

DenisCooper

• Joined May 2016
Record keeping for pigs and sheep
« on: November 04, 2016, 06:51:01 pm »
Hi,

I've got my first visit from the local trading standards coming up this month, and I was after a bit of advice on record keeping.

I only have 3 pigs and 4 lambs at present, along with various chickens, ducks and geese.

All are registered on the various online movement sites - ARAMS and EAML2.

I keep a note of dates when the pigs and sheep were wormed, along with crovect dates.

Do i need anything in addition to this?

Thanks in advance
Denis

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
Re: Record keeping for pigs and sheep
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:13:09 pm »
As I understand it your vetmed records should include all medicines administered, not just wormers.  So for sheep list vaccinations, Clik, antibiotics, etc.  Date of administration, supplier, batch no., withdrawal period, expiry date, who administered the medicine, amount, how many doses, etc.   

Fearing.co.uk supply vetmed record books for both species.  Also keep contents analysis sheet from each batch of bagged feed, note of where and when rat bait is put down, when farm dogs are wormed and with which product, Flock Plan, Herd Plan, etc., etc.  Have a plan in place for biosecurity in case of a disease outbreak, boot dip, etc.

Make sure all your "On" and "Off" movements tally and standstill periods have been observed, have proof of deadstock disposal.

Be prepared to show the inspector where your vetmeds are stored (check still within Use By date) and the feed store area.

Offer a cup of tea and a slice of homemade cake and give a cheerful smile.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS