Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted: hire of double livestock trailer- Wilts/Hants  (Read 1791 times)

charlestcat

• Joined Oct 2010
Wanted: hire of double livestock trailer- Wilts/Hants
« on: October 11, 2016, 08:23:49 pm »
Is there anyone in the Wilts/Hants ares that could loan us a double livestock trailer & maybe vehicle to tow it. We are moving from  Andover to nr Knighton, Powys , hopefully end of November, & have 20 Jacobs sheep to move - 8 ewes and 12 lambs. I have exhausted all trailer hire places in the locality including Dorset and Berkshire. Apparently we live in the wrong area for livestock as it's mostly horses here. We have only found one company that may be able to help, in Craven Arms,  Shropshire, but they currently don't have any for hire.

We can't afford livestock hauliers as quoted £2,500.

My husband has his movement licences, we would pay for the loan & would obviously clean it before return.

If you can help or know someone who may be able to, plse get in touch.
Thanks

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
Re: Wanted: hire of double livestock trailer- Wilts/Hants
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:19:28 pm »
Is there anyone in the Wilts/Hants ares that could loan us a double livestock trailer & maybe vehicle to tow it. We are moving from  Andover to nr Knighton, Powys , hopefully end of November, & have 20 Jacobs sheep to move - 8 ewes and 12 lambs. I have exhausted all trailer hire places in the locality including Dorset and Berkshire. Apparently we live in the wrong area for livestock as it's mostly horses here. We have only found one company that may be able to help, in Craven Arms,  Shropshire, but they currently don't have any for hire.

We can't afford livestock hauliers as quoted £2,500.

My husband has his movement licences, we would pay for the loan & would obviously clean it before return.

If you can help or know someone who may be able to, plse get in touch.
Thanks
Try gillies in Yorkshire, they may be able to quote a good price :)
There is someone else in NW called LE Jones http://lejones.co.uk/ No idea on cost though.  There is a whole load on here......
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=livestock+hauliers+in+wales&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=VEb-V9zSIevR8gfQu7-4Bw
Hope you find something soon! Hope this helps and all the best :thumbsup:
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

charlestcat

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Wanted: hire of double livestock trailer- Wilts/Hants
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:11:35 pm »
Julienne

Great one; many thanks for the info and your help.  :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS