Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CPH number?  (Read 2495 times)


  • Joined Jun 2015
CPH number?
« on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:34 pm »
I'm planning on having sheep on my 5 acre field next year - the field is mine but the sheep are owned by someone else and will be on the field for a month or two (benefiting bother of us) only. Is it worth me getting a CPH number for the field, or is this not appropriate as the sheep aren't mine?


  • Joined Sep 2013
Re: CPH number?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 08:42:38 pm »
My belief is you will still need a CPH regardless of duration of stay, without the CPH the owner of the sheep cannot transfer them to the location.


  • Joined Feb 2012
Re: CPH number?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 08:52:30 pm »
The animal keeper can use your CPH (which you apply for) or they can apply for one for temporary grazing. It will be their responsibility to keep the movement records for the sheep they move on and off.


  • Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: CPH number?
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:47 pm »
Depends where you are as well

In Scotland you will need to apply the renter can't (as I have discovered)

Not difficult to do though


Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS