Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Please read !  (Read 4437 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Please read !
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 09:55:21 am »
What a time you are having. Do hope she is on the mend.

crobertson

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 10:00:37 am »
Well her temp was 38.8 this morning - a massive improvement! Repeated the hibbiscrub (doing it at least 3 times a day) and sudocrem and the difference is nothing short of amazing, clean, no pus, no blood and looks like it should heal. She is up on her feet eating hay and nuts so I am hopeful she is on the mend after being very close to a different outcome !

IanStevens

• Joined Sep 2016
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 04:39:53 pm »
So sorry to hear about your problem.  We've got a weak lamb that we have brought indoors a couple of times to keep an eye on when we've found him collapsed with what we know to be a worm problem despite drenching.
I found him again a couple of days ago, suffering in the heat and discovered a lot of maggots eggs.
I had just bought the Tea Tree, Lavender and Clove oils to mix with baby oil and vinegar as a spray for my 2 Dexters.  The site I found this concoction on said that as well as a fly repellent it would kill eggs and maggots.
I gave it a try and massaged it on, and after 3 days no maggots have developed.  If this had happened earlier in the year I would have sheared him, but wanted to avoid it in case he does survive into winter and needs his coat.
I must explain that I am a novice, but this does seem to have worked.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS