Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just been and collected the Slaughtered pigs  (Read 7689 times)

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
Re: Just been and collected the Slaughtered pigs
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 03:09:08 pm »
Well done, it sounds like you have done a very good job - I bet it's tasty too :yum:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 03:56:04 pm »
Ah! are they back in pieces at the Residency W.P? How many is Princess bringing home to see her sausages in bulk? :D ::) :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »
Just phoned butcher and they are all ready for collection, getting them tomorrow morning at 7 oclock!! looks like princess may be having sausages for lunch with nanny and grampy!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »
Aw no WP hang them for a while please Dad alust used to hang the  sausages in the out house till little hairs started to grow on them Then he would sluff em off between his finger and thumb and the cook them.They are a bit on the strong side if you do that but at least a week They wont taste of anything if you come home make them and eat them.Do a little experiment put a lb in the pantry and leave a week the fry 2 for your self a couple of days later try 2 more ten same again leave the last two and see what happens MIND YOU DON'T GET A FLY STRIKE THERES NO R IN MAY :D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 05:01:20 pm »
Even better Mrs & Princess Wp have just been and collected them so when i get home will be having a good look at my produce, will give that a go wiz and see how they come out

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 06:52:01 pm »
Good chap let us know what you think.Don't forget the longer they are kept the stronger the taste.Don't keep them fresh over a fortnight They last ages in the deepfreeze but not hung outside :D :farmer:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14:19 pm »
picked ours up today and couldnt believe how much meat there was!  looking forward to our first sausages tomorrow...

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 09:13:25 am »
There is loads of meat! i had mine last night and have loads in the freezer

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 08:27:20 pm »
well we have just had the annual BH BBQ and the sausages went down a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 07:06:25 am »
Now W.P. Have you tried one of the experimental ones yet you will have to do em' pairs Princess might like them a bit tastier you know You could try 2 today and 2 on Friday ;D :pig: yum yum :wave: :farmer:

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 09:11:33 am »
The ones from yesterday were 5 days in the fridge and got a couple left to try in the week, all of teh others are now in the freezer! Pate was good as well, just brought a sampler in to my work colleagues for feedback

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 10:03:15 am »
Sounds good WP I hope you meant deepfreeze they go bad fairly quickly in the fridge Don't forget bought ones contain a preservative.Well most do you may know a nice friendly butcher that doesn't use it :D :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS