Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: another swarm maybee ?  (Read 6198 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: another swarm maybee ?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 12:17:58 pm »

the above link should take you to a video of what must be a swarm moving in to the hive . I had thought they had moved in already , as mentioned in the earlier post , but they hadn't , I checked at the weekend and it was empty !.
 Anyway , the video shows lots of activity at around 11.45 today , it went on for some time , then it settled down to just normal numbers of bees flying about .
The video is poor I know , but you can see the bees flying around against the backdrop of the corrugated shed , plus you can hear them . The dogs thought they were going out when I went to  the door , so started to fidget about , but they had to wait till the bees had settled  .
 Fingers crossed I have bees again !!!

cheers

Russ

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 01:49:35 pm »
I can't quite see from the video where they are going but you sure can hear them!  ;D  Lovely to get "free" bees like that.  I have always heard that people tempt them in but never seen it happen before.  I took a 3 and a half pound swarm yesterday and they are now settling in nicely in my new hive - all very exciting! 

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 05:31:53 pm »
well done with the swarm ...hope all goes well with them .
The bees are going into the middle one, of the front row of hives . Sorry about the poor quality picture , it is  just my really old mustek dv3000 is showing it's age now ....

They seem to have settled down now . Just what I would call normal movement around the hive . Plus it isn't as noisy ...lol ...they really were loud . The camera was picking up the noise from over 30 feet away. 

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS