Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advertising signs/boards  (Read 1643 times)

Rhea

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Wye Valley
Advertising signs/boards
« on: August 28, 2016, 10:56:03 am »
When we first started selling eggs at our gate last year, I used a slate roof tile as a chalkboard to advertise. It worked quite well, and the fact it only lasted a few days meant I could change it slightly each time which I think made people pay more attention to it, especially regular walkers.

But, the novelty of having to do it quickly wore off and I now just have a laminated sign. It just doesn't stand out so well, and our sales have dropped quite a bit (although this could be unrelated).

So, I was wondering what other people have as a sign?

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Advertising signs/boards
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:14:43 pm »
We have a white egg shaped board, suspended from a gibbet, which hangs out enough that passing traffic sees it. It has to be repainted every winter, so we change the price then, if necessary. The message is 'Free range hen eggs, £1.50'.  On top of the gibbet we have a large tin chicken which definitely attracts attention.  The whole shebang can be taken down when there are no eggs, as at the moment (it's heavy though as anything here sticking up into the weather has to be sturdy).   Our road is quite quiet so passing trade isn't huge, but we have many regular customers and the occasional tourist.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »
I have a wooden chicken, painted black that was made for me from someone on this site. There are hooks at the bottom on which hangs the sign of whats for sale/price.

I bought stick on letters in white for the price
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rhea

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Wye Valley
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »
Maybe I just need to switch to paint then, possibly my chalkboard markers might work on it so I can change my pictures but leave the main content static

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:11:59 pm »
Something eye catching and obvious is the goal from my point of view. You see so many white signs outside houses that if you are driving past it doesn't stand out.

Either something coloured or very big clear writing and not too much of it so it is easy to spot.
________
Caroline

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS