Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Love these! Of course.  (Read 4046 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Love these! Of course.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:18:46 am »
and quite resonably priced too! Sadly I am allergic to wool :(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 12:55:27 pm »
But not when it's attached to a sheep?  ???

Rosemary - I love it that you've taken the initiative to have your fleece commercially spun. I think you're right - it's a luxury market, and people want to buy the story of where the wool came from, as much as the garments themselves. I'm sure this will go from strength to strength, so well done for taking the risk and going for it :thumbsup:.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 12:56:40 pm »
But not when it's attached to a sheep?  ???

Rosemary - I love it that you've taken the initiative to have your fleece commercially spun. I think you're right - it's a luxury market, and people want to buy the story of where the wool came from, as much as the garments themselves. I'm sure this will go from strength to strength, so well done for taking the risk and going for it :thumbsup:.
Actually I have a habit of coming out in rashes after handling sheep, but it seems worse somehow when wearing it on my skin ???
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 01:20:23 pm »
Could be the lanolin, wbf.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 01:50:33 pm »
Such lovely things!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 10:56:41 pm »
I can see why you love them, Rosemary. I suspect you would in any case but being made from superior wool makes them even more special.

desertmum

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:29:34 am »
they are great - do you make them?  Or are they from your Ryelands?  Sorry if I've missed something here!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 09:45:41 am »
they are great - do you make them?  Or are they from your Ryelands?  Sorry if I've missed something here!

It's yarn from our Coloured Ryelands www.rosedeanryelands.co.uk but knitted by Moira https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/452370452/ladies-luxurious-ryeland-sheep-100-wool?ref=shop_home_active_3

desertmum

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 11:15:05 am »
 :)
We have just recently got our first coloured Ryelands - love them. 

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 09:04:26 am »
How do I convert dollars into UK sterling?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 09:36:13 am »
Why?  It's sterling on the link Rosemary posted.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 09:46:30 am »
Why?  It's sterling on the link Rosemary posted.

It came up as dollars on my link, Annie! Thank you WBF. I'm hopeless with numbers!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS