Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The EU  (Read 15096 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
The EU
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:22:10 pm »
H asked how many would post on the EU Topic Leaving (L) Staying in(S) Me L
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: The EU
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:05:30 pm »
Can somebody put a voting thingy on? I don't know how to do it. Anyway I am L L L L!

Old Empty Barn

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:33:49 pm »
Let's just cancel the direct debit & leave now !!

Dave

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:36:12 pm »
L for ME TOO!!!
What I can't understand is - if there are so many people in the UK who don't want to remain members of the EU  why are we still there?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »
do I really need say anything ? ...well for the record I am  L .

Funny how 80% of Germans want out ... the same for the UK ... but STILL they ignore what we want . Thats why their cries of stable government for the good of the nation was just a load of crap !!!
 It costs the UK £103 billion  to be part of the EU every year . After  all the FREE ? grants we get and the pay outs ... we are still -£57 billion every year (thats about £1000 from every man woman and child in the UK , every year  )and it is set to rise by huge amounts from now on ...not just a few million ..but by 10's of billions each year .
 Oh and why do we have so many foreign workers over here , and the former UK government say they can do nothing about it as it is all to do with free movement within the EU !!! CRAP ... they agreed to let them in and get money back for doing so ....

cheers

Russ

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »
Well I stand in the L camp too no surprise there. Need a vote thing don't we o don't know how to do either...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »
I don't know how to do the vote thing either but I'm an L

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:29:18 pm »
So what are the benifits of being in the EU???? I vote L too!!!

oink

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 12:16:26 am »
Sorry guys, and no I'm not taking the piss, I love the EU.  I'm 100% S

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 12:20:59 am »
Seriously I really would like to hear from someone who could tell me about the perceived benefits to the UK being part of the EU. I genuinely can not see anything so if anyone out there can enlighten me then I would welcome the debate... So go on if anyone on TAS knows why the heck we're in it still or why govnmt think it's good for us really please enlighten me cause I just can't see it but hell maybe I'm uninformed.. I'm listening just what are the arguments for because I honestly don't know..

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 12:22:27 am »
Good. So go on oink tell me why is this good for our nation?

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 12:30:37 am »
I'm an L too but I can think of one good reason to stay part of EU...   Trade. If we weren't part of the EU the negative members would boycott our products... unfortunately we still need to sell our products abroad and to buy in raw materials for our (small) production companies
Ian

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 12:51:33 am »
Understand that Ian and that was always the premise of the EU Free trade.. But really do we get enough out of he eu to justify the billions spent? Doesn't it cost us so much more? This was only ever meant to be for trade but it's become a federal state that dictates our countries laws and we have to pay in and bow down. How much benefit do we really get to our trade industries? Does this really out way the cost? I'm not convinced and the truth is neither is the huge majority of Uk citizens.

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:00 am »
I'm thinking mainly of the farmers who get a decent price because france buys a lot of our beef and lamb.. without that trade our beef and lamb prices would drop by 1/4 overnight farming would be devestated by that

PS I did say L !!
Ian

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 01:11:21 am »
Lol I know you said L  I just struggle to believe there really is an argument that holistically covers why we should be there. I know there are incidents where we may benefit but as a whole why??? 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS