Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grrr! Husbands!!!!  (Read 2710 times)

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
Grrr! Husbands!!!!
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:14:15 am »
I got a phone call from hubby who is staying at NK whilst dong it up to live in. He has taken our 2 German shepherds with him for security and cos they drive me mad in the house.

Anyway back to the phone call, it went.

Hubby " Hi Love. Ive found the dogs."

Me "Eh????"

Hubby "Oh? Didn't I tell you?"

Me "Tell me what??

Hubby "They escaped."

By now Im growling down the phone as these young bitches are in season and it isnt the first time he has lost my dogs, and bear in mind here that we have over 25 empty kennels on site and Hubby CHOOSES to put them in the garden with a small 4ft fence when hes out of their sight working.
To make matters worse he left the 6ft front gates open too!!!!

Apparently they jumped the low fence, headed right onto the main, and very busy, road.

A dog loving (and brave) postman trapped them in a garden until hubby came.

Im going back to NK today to B*ll**K hubby and make sure the bitches are ok.

I am assured that they weren't out long enough to be mated. They better not have been or my hubby will be looking fora Hubby Rehoming Centre!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Grrr! Husbands!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:24:53 am »
Ah, don't you just love them. At least he was working when it happened, not down the pub  ;D

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 09:11:24 am »
Yeh true, Id not thought of that, but then I don't feel charitable lol  ;D

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:35:10 am »
I think men are not used to thinking ahead like women. A women will see all the dangers a bit like a risk asessor. I am amazed at how many men have done work on this house and left the gate open, my dogs never got out as I have been aware of what they do, so much to the extent I locked one of our back gates so they had to come the long way around to get to where they were working. My oh left his best loved hat in the garden only to find it made into a hairband by the pups  ;D, so he came in, we found another hat for him to wear and he did exactly the same again although I rescued it!! I should have left it and then he may have learnt!! I wonder ??? how do they manange to hold down such responsible jobs ???? like running the country  ;)

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:44:38 am »
Must be the good women behind them!

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:52 am »
I put a chicken (dead one) in the oven while I popped out to buy a few bits for tea, my patner was with me at the time and as the oven was on Max it needed turning down after about 30 mins, I left and came back to find him outside chatting with a neighbour,he had been there since I had left, that was fine but in the distance I could hear an alarm, as I went nearer the house I realised it was our fire alarm, the oven was purring out smoke and we had a guest in the room next to the alarm!! Lukily the chicken was cooked well and not dry but I ask you!!!!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS