Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from a sort of small holder lol  (Read 7370 times)

lewis6563

• Joined May 2010
Hello from a sort of small holder lol
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:10:36 pm »
Hi there, I'm Tina, and have recently found this fab site.  I live in a farmhouse smack bang in the middle of a new estate overlooking the Ochills here in Scotland!!! Haven't got much land unfortunately but a big enough garden to be coping with.  We are animal & children mad here;we are a family of 5 and we have a choccy lab pup, 3 cats, 1 kitten, fish, rabbits, guinea pig, rats, degu, multi mammats, snakes and a veg patch lol.  In the process of getting some chucks, I would so love to be self sufficient one day in the future but for now I'm enjoying the little bits that I can do. 

I look forward to joining in on this fab forum xxx

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: Hello from a sort of small holder lol
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »
Hi, from sunny argyll!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 09:35:03 pm »
Welcome from Clackmannan :wave: - I'm a bit like you, have 5 dogs, a cat, 3 ducks, a cockerel and 8 hens :-[, a big garden with fruit ;D and veg ;D and shrubs ;D and weeds >:(.  Would love more land but not possible here and not likely to moev.  Hope you enjoy our company1 ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 09:53:01 pm »
Hello from Clackmannan too!!! You shall have to pup into the meetings here for the Smallholders, great lot and some benifits too!! I just have a garden and some chilckens, a pair of DUcks (poor lilly is getting far too much attention from Charlie!!!) 2 adult Black Labs, a yellow lab 5 mth old pup from our own litter and a 5mth chocolate bought in to complete out "famiy" so we have a common chocie dog!!! I run a Bed and Breakfast too so am at home more often than not, usualy cleaning!!! ;D

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
Hi Tina, I hope you achieve your ambitions. :)

lewis6563

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 10:07:02 pm »
Hello from Clackmannan too!!! You shall have to pup into the meetings here for the Smallholders, great lot and some benifits too!! I just have a garden and some chilckens, a pair of DUcks (poor lilly is getting far too much attention from Charlie!!!) 2 adult Black Labs, a yellow lab 5 mth old pup from our own litter and a 5mth chocolate bought in to complete out "famiy" so we have a common chocie dog!!! I run a Bed and Breakfast too so am at home more often than not, usualy cleaning!!! ;D

Thankyou for the lovely warm welcomes. 

Sandy we will have to meet up for a doggy walk, my friend has a black lab, could be the labs day out lol.  When and where is the small holders meetings held, sounds good to me? 

Tina x

lewis6563

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
Welcome from Clackmannan :wave: - I'm a bit like you, have 5 dogs, a cat, 3 ducks, a cockerel and 8 hens :-[, a big garden with fruit ;D and veg ;D and shrubs ;D and weeds >:(.  Would love more land but not possible here and not likely to moev.  Hope you enjoy our company1 ;D

A large dog walk then lol, ive only been here in tullibody for 2 years, clackmannan is the place where you have the man and woman holding hands on the roundabout?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 10:13:44 pm »
Sure have - Sandy likes it I don't!  Could have spent the money on better things for the community.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

lewis6563

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:22:58 pm »
lol I agree, ive got a metal man holding some leaves too on our roundabout, actually i think its similar to your man, and down near fishcross its the woman!  But the council are closing public loos because they have no money left in the pot lol i wonder why!!!!   Oooh the debate lol

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 10:24:49 pm »
Hi and welcome from me too, no labs here but my daughter has a choccy one. I just have a Jack Russell and 2 Chihuahuas, a rapidly increasing flock of sheep, hens and ducks just now. 4 pigs at the end of June.A veg patch with no veg planted yet, a greenhouse waiting on the tomatoes etc being put into the growbags and I am ashamed to say I am having the rest of the garden sorted out by a professional as I have let the shrubs etc get too big and it was a total mess.
Anne

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:10 pm »
The money for public art tends to be specific grant not from the revenue grant, so art work doesn't substitute for loos, in any sense.

Check out the CSSA website www.smallholders.info

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:26:17 pm »
I think we all know about budgets and ring fencing and pots of money for specific projects, Rosemary.  Doesn't stop us wanting things differently!  Still think they're a waste of money and resources.

Sandy

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 10:10:29 am »
I love public art, especially all the foil people on the roundabouts in Clackmannanshire!!!!!  Art is very important to me, adding to the natural environment and so its like not having pictures or flowers in your house!! I went into ALloa with Steve to see the new sculptures in the center but they were wrapped up. I know we are not getting hanging baskets in Clackmannan this year and I am not putting window box's up!!! Psychologically, nice surroundings create an environment that is less lightly to be vandalised!! in simple terms, if the place is cared for then most people respect that!!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 10:16:22 am »

Again I agree with you Sandy, I love the Angel of the North at Gateshead, hubby always says what a waste of money when we pass it ,guaranteed to keep us arguing for the next 20 miles or so.
Anne

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 11:15:23 am »
Yep, I love it too even if I don't particularly like each art work. It would be a dull world if we only dealt with the functional. The man and child at the station in Alloa is beautiful and always brings a lump to my throat.

Hoping to get to the Glasgow Boys exhibition at Kelvingrove soon. Saw "Monet in the 21st Century" at the Royal Academy some years ago - couldn't get that at all, but went to an exhibition of work by Ingres at the National Portrait Gallery and was, literally, moved to tears by his work. Mind you, I AM a big softy. Sorry - gone off topic. ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS