Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Keder Greenhouses anyone?  (Read 2072 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Keder Greenhouses anyone?
« on: June 30, 2016, 06:07:56 pm »
Just throwing this in here as I cannnot find another suitable category....

Does anyone on here have a Keder Greenhouse? Opinions, comparisons to "normal" polytunnel is what I am after...

Our polytunnel is coming up for 10years and still has ist first cover, still working fine. However we have started to think of it more as a hay/straw storage barn/lambing area and only use half of it for actually groowing at the moment (it is commercial size). It is also a bit further than I like from the house...so popping out for some parsley when it chucks down with rain is requires a full set of waterproofs). So, we were thinking of putting a smaller structure up in our veg garden (30 to 40m2) and are investigating the options. I really, really, really like the Keder greenhouses, especially the "Grower" range (aimed at the market gardener or "serious" horticulturist, whatever that means?) But of course the pricetag is really quite steep....

Are they worth the money?

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: Keder Greenhouses anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 10:09:53 am »
I know a commercial veg grower up here who has one - don't think anything would have stood up to the weather over the years! But even they had problems with too much snow one winter. This is the farm: https://www.vitalveg.co.uk/about-vital-veg

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS