Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Larsen Trap. North Devon  (Read 2040 times)

Slimjim

• Joined Apr 2013
  • North Devon
Larsen Trap. North Devon
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:20:51 am »
Galvanized weld mesh Larsen Trap 48" x 18" x 18". Excellent condition, as new. Central bait compartment with a trapping compartment on each side. Folds flat. £45.
Either pm me or call on 07766075799.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: Larsen Trap. North Devon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 08:50:28 am »
Do you not have to be licensed to have these?

Slimjim

• Joined Apr 2013
  • North Devon
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 07:16:29 am »
By whom? Your question implies you do, so please spill the beans.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:50:23 am »
Slimjim - is this too big to courier do you think?  If not, I could possibly be interested, as we have a real magpie problem this year. Do you have any photos, or a manufacturer's reference?

Fsmnutter - the answer to your question is both yes and no. Their USE is covered under the general license conditions (i.e. a license that generally applies as long as you meet those conditions; you don't have to 'get' one specially). HOWEVER, one of the conditions of the general license is that you must register your trap with your local police wildlife officer. You also have to adhere to the other conditions of the general license, e.g. ensuring any call birds have food and water at all times, checking the trap regularly etc etc. There's plenty of information about this online (BASC etc) if you want to find out more.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 08:05:16 am »
Thanks [member=2128]Womble[/member], that's cleared it up for me, we have a friendly gamekeeper that has put their trap on our land for our pesky magpies and had explained the rules he was following just I hadn't quite grasped it clearly!
I wasn't trying to be awkward [member=28054]Slimjim[/member] just wanted to make sure whoever bought it is aware of the rules and doesn't get you or themselves in trouble ????

Slimjim

• Joined Apr 2013
  • North Devon
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 07:44:44 am »
Womble, I have pm'd you. Thanks.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 08:37:02 am »
Hi Jim, thanks for the PM.

This post is just to say that I'm not taking the trap (postage too expensive unfortunately), so it's still available.  Try this link for more information on the general licenses and how to use larsen traps etc legally. It's all common sense really, and the registration process was very straightforward when I did it a few years ago.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Slimjim

• Joined Apr 2013
  • North Devon
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 07:11:24 am »
Thanks again for your constructive advice Womble. It has now been sold.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS