Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted: white peacock feathers  (Read 1360 times)

Rowena

• Joined Jun 2016
Wanted: white peacock feathers
« on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:28 pm »
I am looking to buy some white peacock feathers, and am using this site, as I want to be sure that the feathers have moulted naturally and been collected, rather than buy feathers which may have involved cruelty to the peacocks. I was advised that this could be possible via this site. Many thanks.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Wanted: white peacock feathers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:25:21 am »
Hi [member=161403]Rowena[/member]

How many do you need, and how urgently?  We have a few white feathers we collected last year that you could have now, plus a big bunch of the regular coloured ones.

I'm afraid the rest are all still attached to Mr White, though once he starts dropping them in another month or so, I can easily gather up the cleanest ones and post them down to you in return for some beer money!  :thumbsup: .

Be aware that the white feathers aren't just white versions of standard peacock feathers though. As you may be able to see from the attached pics, most of them don't have the same fluffy bits on the feather skeleton, so they look a bit sparser than standard peacock feathers. This may or may not be relevant to what you want to do with them, but I thought I'd best say.

Cheers,

Womble.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:48:23 am »
Sorry, completely off topic, but WOW [member=2128]Womble[/member] - he's gorgeous!  ;D

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 11:05:23 am »
Yes, he's great. Lovely temperament as well  :thumbsup: .

He tends to roost in one of the trees over the road past our house. In car headlights it looks as though somebody's wedding dress has got blown up into the branches!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS