Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: summer footwear ?  (Read 5985 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: summer footwear ?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 08:19:13 am »
you can get the real crocs of ebay, better and longer lasting than the cheaper alternative :) Am hlad we could have been some help. How are your feet now?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

HappyHippy

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 09:30:59 am »
I have to disagree about the cheap crocs - I have a pair that cost £8 and have done me proud for 3 years (and I'm really hard on shoes  ;)) I wear them a lot - even feeding pigs/ponies. They're fab and super comfy  :thumbsup:
But from painful personal experience I can say they're definitely not blackthorn thorn proof!

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 10:11:11 am »
I get myself a nice pair of trainers, new balance or the likes, proper comfy.  But still back to the big boots for ponies etc.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 11:29:29 pm »
I'm supposed to wear my NHS issue support shoes that are made for me but my feet swell so much that they are even more painful so it's crocs or flipflops for me. I don't usually wear the flip flops when doing things with the goats but I must admit I did today.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 02:03:20 pm »
I've just experienced a downfall to Crocs. An elderly whippet absentmindedly lifted his leg and filled one....and yes I was wearing it at the time!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 06:29:10 pm »
I've just experienced a downfall to Crocs. An elderly whippet absentmindedly lifted his leg and filled one....and yes I was wearing it at the time!
Sorry I was just really laughing then, can't stop :roflanim: unpleasent for you though I am sorry that happened :( My crocs have bite marks in from when my beardie used to chew on them as a pup. Clogs though are an excellent choice, I had a pair many years ago very good. Also what about goloshes?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Blackbird

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 11:47:34 am »
I rather think boots are like coats and you can't have too many.

I wish you could persuade my husband of this Harmony. Last time I bought shoes I got "For goodness' sake woman - it's like being married to a bl**dy centipede!"  :roflanim:
Where are we going - and why am I in this handcart?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS