Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How to help RSI in wrists?  (Read 1536 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
How to help RSI in wrists?
« on: June 06, 2016, 04:34:42 pm »
I have suffered with RSI in my wrists for many years now, due to digging to much in the garden one year, and it has gotten to the point that I can't clean out buildings any more or if I do I have to wear a support. What do you guys do about RSI in the wrists? I was thinking of seeing the dr and someone told me to rub in some warm oil with essential oils in to help. What do you guys think?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: How to help RSI in wrists?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:25:13 pm »
Unfortunately, the only way to resolve RSI is to stop doing the repetitive activity that caused it in the first place. Wearing a correctly fitted support will help, and you can use either a local anti inflammatory gel or try an ice pack wrapped in cloth on the affected area 2-3 times per day. Most of these soft tissue injuries will settle in time, but how long is a very individual thing. As you may have guessed, I have had a variety of RSI problems in my wrists, left elbow and right shoulder. I think I ought to just sit quietly on the sofa from now on! :innocent:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 05:27:04 pm »
I had RSI in my thumbs from trying to comb a really grotty fleece with dog combs, many years ago.  The damage is permanent although the pain fades. The only ways to help the situation as far as I know are never to repeat the precise movement which caused the initial strain, and to wear firm supports.  It's a bloomin' nuisance though.

Cross posted with Louise.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:10:17 am »
I developed RSI in my wrist at work 40 years ago.  I still have twinges when I do too much of the wrong thing, which happens to include knitting :(  Ignore the twinges at your peril as you will end up back at square one.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS