Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where do I buy chooks in Perthshire?!  (Read 3017 times)

Kev

Where do I buy chooks in Perthshire?!
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:32:42 am »
Hi folks

I am having great difficulty finding someone to buy chooks off of in Perthshire (I live in Blairgowrie). Getting no answers when phoning adverts for Black Rocks so can anyone help in putting me in touch with a seller of POL's, ideally Black Rocks or RIR's. I'm looking for 5-6 birds, new arc coming on Friday so am ready to go!

Thanks

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Where do I buy chooks in Perthshire?!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:29:49 pm »
There is a chap in Drum, in Kinross, who breeds Black Rocks. I've had day-olds from him and they've been good - I think he does POL too. I can't remember his name by he's at The Hatchery 01577 840401.

There's a poultry sale on at Caledonian Market in Stilring on Staurday 26th July. I bought Black Rocks at the Spring sale there and they've been fine.

Kev

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:45:29 pm »
Thanks for that. I've just spoken to the guy in Kinross (eventually!) and he has given me the number of someone in Burntisland who has 14 week old's for sale.

Also thanks for the heads up on the market in Stirling, how ironic as its from Stirling that I moved up here to Blairgowrie 6 weeks ago!

c.m.c

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:17:11 pm »
hi did you get sorted with birds i sell hy line pol birds i am between stirirling and perth

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 12:36:31 am »
we also do have a member near you (forgot her name  ::)) who ,might sell you some Scottish rare breeds, maybe she'll read this thread
and you can always get some rescue hens from the Battery Hen welfare trust :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS