Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Small Westie Way Panic!  (Read 1450 times)

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Small Westie Way Panic!
« on: May 27, 2016, 08:32:33 am »
It's been a week of it!

Just printing off all the bookings and maps for next week and I've realised something....

I've booked the Ardlui Hotel for the third night.  The fourth day Is my longest stretch... and that I Ardlui to Bridge of Orchy and its 20 miles!

I have just realised that the boat which takes me from Ardlui hotel back to the WHW doesn't start running until 9am! That means.... at the earliest I am going to reach Bridge of Orchy by 10pm...

eek!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Small Westie Way Panic!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:50:16 am »
You're taking a small Westie with you as well now? How small exactly? No wonder you're in a panic!

Personally, I'd speak to the ferry driver the night before, and offer him a decent tip if he'll give you a lift back early the next morning. I'd imagine that's a common request, and you might not be the only one.

I think your only other option (unless the River Falloch is running low enough to wade over) is to walk two miles along the A82 until the bridge at Beinglas Farm Campsite, where you will be able to rejoin the proper route.

HTH!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: Small Westie Way Panic!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:02:10 pm »
That helps a lot!

Walking to Beinglas will be the equivalent to the bit we miss so we'll be on track! 

Thank you AGAIN! :excited:

PS. We were taking a large westie with us, now two working cocker spaniels only! :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS