Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lamb with no baa (yes, really)  (Read 1666 times)

Liz Kershaw

• Joined Aug 2014
Lamb with no baa (yes, really)
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:39:54 pm »
Sheep conundrum one: we have a shearling ewe, 14 months old now. Very small born and still small although still in proportion to her twin brother. She had 'bendy' legs which needed splinting when she was tiny but has otherwise been fine. I've noticed over the past couple of months she's been unable to baa properly. It comes out as a sort of strangled squawk. She's not ill, no cough or runny nose. They don't need to baa often as they're in a compact family group and move around together - I wondered whether it might be lack of use? I'm reluctant to consult the vet about a healthy sheep when they think I'm pathetic about my little flock anyway. Anyone come across this?

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Re: Lamb with no baa (yes, really)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:40:52 am »
I wouldn't worry too much, some of mine have very strange voices.  I can tell who is bleating most of the time as they all sound different.  One of my lambs sounds like a cat being strangled.  (will sound like a lamb being strangled if she carries on much longer!!). 

Liz Kershaw

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Lamb with no baa (yes, really)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 10:59:04 am »
That's really made me laugh ... And reassured me, thank you!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS