Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ram buying season around the corner!  (Read 2052 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Ram buying season around the corner!
« on: May 18, 2016, 08:11:40 pm »
With summer vast approaching I am starting to arrange going around the best Lleyn ram breeders in Wales, I am looking to buy a good expensive tup again this year, so I will be selling my Lleyn ram from 2014 in a couple of months, all being well. If anyone is interested in buying him then please PM me, around late June would be great. Just a quick note but that ram lamb will be available for 1 more week before I book him in to slaughter, would be a shame to let him go as meat.....  ;D Is anyone else going to be buying any rams this summer or are you waiting for the sales? I will also be keeping a couple of my best ram lambs back this year as breeders for next  :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

firther

• Joined Mar 2013
  • holmfirth, west yorkshire
Re: Ram buying season around the corner!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 06:41:00 am »
yes I need a new texel tup, even though I breed my own but only for personal use. But I need a new line to go with some gimmers so I don't get too related. I suppose the fun bits trying to find the right tup with out a stupid big head lol

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:23:21 am »
I'll be selling an excellent Whitefaced Woody tup!

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:53:32 am »
Zwartbles tups for sale here.  Two adults and two lambs that I aim to grow on and sell as shearlings at Carlisle next year if not sold before.  I love going to the sales for buying rams as you get to see plenty in one place.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 10:01:24 am »
I'm selling two BWM shearling rams, one very good breeding, one home bred.  Will be advertising them soon as I need them gone as I don't have enough grass yet!
Then will be buying a new ram later in the year, hopefully not at the sales though!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:05:16 pm »
I have a new Southdown tup lined up and will be using a home bred SD shearling on my Badger Face to give a commercial type lamb to sell as stores.  I have two registered SD shearlings for hire or sale and will have a couple of entire BF ram lambs that will probably be sold as stores.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS