Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: loving the hay!  (Read 2009 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
loving the hay!
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:55:47 pm »
just been out with the girls and they were really giving the hay a good thrashing,
i think that they got the message about being on a diet!
they were going for it so much that they became abit nasty to one another, fighting over it.
then milly became so excitied that she thought she was billy and tried mounting molly!!! poor thing.
is this normal at times?
please say so, as i cant take anymore!!!!!! of course i can, i love my  :goat:
had lovely time strokeing molly under chin, she loves all the attention, where as milly loves a little and then off she goes,
but molly will stay there to have her chin tickled all day :goat:
Langdon ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: loving the hay!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 11:33:44 pm »
Oh dear, the poor darlings sound like they are not happy with the lack of goat feed :D  You want to see my big goats arguing over the hay rack - no one will back down.  If females come into season, they do sometimes try and mount each other, and it sounds like all the fighting got your two girls excited!!

Is Mollys udder reducing in size now - please say yes!!!

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:31:04 pm »
no its more or less the same size, but she is a happy girl, im past worring about it now.
i had the reassurance of the vet that is not mastitis so thats a good thing i guess.
i will carry on the diet as adviced.
they cant be coming into season can they?
i thought it was autumn time?
Langdon ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:25 pm »
Supposedly September onwards, but the smaller pygmy type ones breed all year :D  Both my billies - pygmy and British Alpine have just started smelling again this week, so they must be thinking of trying their luck with the ladies.  Pygmy billy is definitely looking for ladies.....his behaviour changes.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:24:47 pm »
Sometimes they will jump each other anyway. They might not be actually coming into season yet, but it is possible their hormones are flucuating- remember with molly having her wee udder, her hormones will be slightly changed. It is still normal anyway, and nothing to worry about. Just wait until you keep 2 entire male kids together!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS