Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rusty  (Read 3287 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Rusty
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:58:32 am »
What I want to know is where is Rusty? Have I missed something?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Rusty
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:06:44 am »
What I want to know is where is Rusty? Have I missed something?
He posted at 1am this morning so I think he may be sleeping :-)  Shhhhh
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:38 pm »
lol...still here  :wave:... not sleeping , just resting my eyes  !!! .
 Not been on the pc too much lately . I keep an eye on it , but have had a very sick dog , she is very much better now , but it was touch and go for some time . Also there were family problems and my fridge died and no money for a new one !!! buuut ... I won a smart phone in a competition ...result !!! just waiting for details of when it will be sent , and it goes straight on ebay , they seem to be going for about £350 - £450  :o :o ;D. Also got a fridge , but waiting for my nephew to drop it off .
So a mix of problems and being busy , looking after sick dog , blah blah blah ..... ::)

cheers

Russ

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:31 pm »
Hi Russ, it doesn't rain but it pours eh? Glad your dog is much better. :)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 01:04:04 pm »
cheers James ...yes .. it has been a case of one thing after another ...as it has with you  mate !!
 Still , chin up , and keep soldiering on !!!

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:10:09 pm »
Just goes to show we miss our regulars, don't we?  Glad you're OK, Russ, sorry to hear about your dog - which one was it and what was wrong?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »
Oh sorry Russ! I thought you would have been giving us some about the election, but it sounds as though you have enough problems. Anyway I'm glad you are still with us and I hope it won't be too long before you are sorted. best wishes. sheila .

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 02:37:56 pm »
Hiya Russ - Glad the dog is getting better - also think that things are on the up and up for you
and you are in for a better time of it at last - I am sure having a great time - had a ball in
Glastonbury and just got back in time for the ash cloud to rear its smoke and stop the planes again!!!

Things are now speeding up after the Volcano = the start of the new changes - so be prepared folks

xxx ::) :o ;D
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 05:38:37 pm »
it was Millie, the Weimaraner Annie. The vet knew not what it was , and rightly said that they could do tests that would take a week or more to come back , by which time she would either be better or gone  !!! , it was that bad . She had terrible sickness and a very upset tummy , went off her food completely , and lost over half her body weight. Poor old girl looked like a bag of bones , nothing of her .
It was 5+ days of no food at all before she started to eat . The only thing she would touch was sausage rolls !!! and then tinned Irish stew, I had tried everything I could think of . She eventually ate more than she threw up , and her body held steady , but deathly thin . This stayed that way for a week or so , and then she started to get her appetite back , then she went ravenous and was eating almost twice her normal amount . The weight started to go back on , and she gained some of her strength back . She is now eating just slightly more than she normally did , and is back almost to her old self again . Just a matter of getting her out of the habit of waking up every couple of hours right through the night now.
 I really thought it was the end ,  she will be 10 this year and it has knocked her back hard , but she is a fighter , and will hopefully be around for some time to come ...lovely ole Millie.   

No probs Sheila , been so tied up with dogs and horses , completely run out of money !!! still walking to the land to feed the horses , had to scrape money together for extra haylage , and my knee started going wonkey donkey again ...but held up JUST in the end. Plus I fell over , due to wobbly knee , and dislocated my wrist , well I think I fractured it , as it still plays up now !! so as you say, enough to keep me occupied . Have not taken any notice of the election at all.... but then what would be the point anyway  ? .. the EU parliament has nigh on complete control of the UK now , so it makes no difference who gets in , they are only the equivalent of a local council now , till the EU decide to close Westminster down .

Hello Snoops,
                yep ..as the song goes ...'Things can only get better !!' ...oh sh*t  :o ..  thats what Labour used when they came to power , and look what that shower of sh*t have done with the UK  !!!  :o ;D
Glad you had a good time in Glastonbury , and managed to miss the volcano fall out .... I reckon that Iceland did it on purpose ... just to get back at us for wanting our money back !!! Well anyway whatever .. their tv adverts are crap anyway ... ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 10:44:11 pm »
Wow, Russ, that sounds dreadful for poor Millie - give her a wee hug from Auntie Anne.  I wonder if she ate something with poison in it.  I think she's been very lucky to survive that!  Hope she continues to improve!

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 01:08:08 am »
cheers Annie , will do  .
                   I have no idea what it was ? , it wasn't anything catching as the other 3 were fine . They all get the same food , even clean each others bowls !! I am stumped ... Just hope that she is through it all now , and that she continues to improve . She is more or less back to normal now ...well as near normal as Millie ever gets anyway !!!  ::) So fingers crossed all is fine.

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS