Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crovect or Ectofly?  (Read 9299 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Crovect or Ectof
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 09:58:34 am »

The NOAH Compendium says they are both 1.25%/12.5mg/ml cypermethrin. 
Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with Ectofly?

If NOAH says they're the same thing, then they are. 

I looked at the thread you linked; there was just one person saying Ectofly wasn't as effective as Crovect, and that not one of the regular contributors. 

If there is a difference in effectively, given the active ingredient is the same, then it could only be the applicator, couldn't it?  Crovect has three applicators, for three different uses, and it's essential to use the correct one for the circumunstances.  Is Ectofly the same?  Just went and looked at NOAH and it reads exactly the same as Crovect. 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

m3joeEm

• Joined Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland
Re: Crovect or Ectofly?
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 11:23:01 am »
I use ectofly every year.  I was lucky and got a 5ltr bottle for 50 odd pound with a good date! Works well. It maybe just doesn't last as long as the others, 8 weeks maybe?

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 07:46:18 pm »
e author=Fleecewife link=topic=73766.msg587554#msg587554 date=1462814363]
  Which then is a 'good' chemical to use, or is there no such thing?
[/quote]    I would say all by the very fact that they are designed to kill insects then no .      Have you looked at RED TOP FLY traps     and   Barrier BLOWFLY REPEL  both recommended organic preventative

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 07:57:51 pm »

I've since been on farms that swear by that spot-on for sheep stuff.... and others that prefer the Vetrazin option... I think they were both at the more expensive end of the market though.

COOPERS SPOT-ON  or the new SPOTINOR   both the same product  do not prevent blowfly but do treat                                                                                                                                       

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS