Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Electric fence energiser?  (Read 2707 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Electric fence energiser?
« on: April 29, 2016, 03:45:12 pm »
Hi
Im looking to buy another unit, I've been looking at Gemini 40 or 80, which is dual power, mains and battery, or a wolseley Bug? Which takes 2 'D' batteries.
Wondering if anyone has tried these? Or something similar for reasonable price (under £100)
This will be a 'spare' unit,  for when I want to just put goats in corner of different field for a few days,  fairly short runs of polywire, looking at the bug for convenience really, but would the 'kick' be enough? I'm finding the car batteries getting heavier to lug round.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: Electric fence energiser?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 04:11:57 pm »
I have two Gemini 80's.  Used them for poultry netting and for the sheep .. and the pigs.  Plenty of umpfh for the sheep I found.

Agree that car batteries are a PITA.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:19:47 pm »
I have the Gemini 80 and 120.  Both work very well as long as the battery is not flat. The 80 is on the mains at the moment powering fences to keep this seasons lambs out of ditches.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »
By the time you've bought a car battery as well I reckon the small Wolseley solar one is worth the extra I find it excellent have had it on all winter no extra charging.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 01:35:18 am »
Thanks for the input, for the times I'd need it, I have a small car battery thats easy to carry, and it would probably be used for a small barnside field, or across the lane, save lugging the big ones back up the fields.
Looks like its the Gemini. I could run it off mains when near the barn. stop the perishers eating the leylandii windbreak.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS