Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Day old ducklings urgently wanted Northumberland / Scottish Borders  (Read 1971 times)

HomefieldHens

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Scottish Borders
 :&> Hi - just wondering if anyone has any day old ducklings for sale - despite having 5 apparently viable eggs at lockdown, only one has hatched and the others didn't even pip. So I have a very sweet, but very lonely little runner duck. I am looking for a couple of newly hatched ducks to keep him / her company - I know it's a long shot but thought it was worth a try asking here. Thanks, Juliet.

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
Re: Day old ducklings urgently wanted Northumberland / Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »
I think there may be some on preloved atm. I myself was looking for poultry and I came across a few of these ads and theyre in NYorks? it might be worth a try and see.
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Blossum

• Joined May 2014
Hi One of our ducks managed to hatch 13 of her 16 eggs albeit she had help for one of our Dumpies that had gone broody on us. I can bring some down to Edinburgh if you can pick them up from there? Not a clue of sex but could send you some pics if interested.

Caroline1

• Joined Nov 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
I previously got my ducks from happy chicks online, might be worth a try and quick delivery
________
Caroline

HomefieldHens

• Joined Aug 2015
  • Scottish Borders
Hi - thank you so much for your responses - our single duckling is over three weeks old now - so day olds wouldn't really be suitable - I have her in a run in the garden during the day, where my 8 weekers are free-ranging, so she does at least have some duck company - she's very attached to us tho - I'm hoping she will gradually integrate with the other youngsters when she is a little bigger. Thanks again, Juliet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS