Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Oh Deer  (Read 4624 times)

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
    • Zabalaz Siberian Huskies
Oh Deer
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:27 pm »
thought we were having venison for dinner today

[size=+2]Oh Deer[/size]

it ran out at about 4mins into the video
kn

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Oh Deer
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:11:52 pm »
oh! deer!
Little Blue

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 02:24:12 pm »
shak, thats the dog at the back was soooo disappointed.
kn

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:24:54 pm »
Hello Kingnigel Did you read my post about the chap that run over one alongside New Close Wood and took it home to eat?
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 05:16:36 pm »
hi wizard
sorry no i didnt
but if you tell me were to find it i will
kn

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:35:05 pm »
Its some where in jokes but.Chap was driving home at dusk along side New Close Wood and a deer jumped over the hedge and was struck by a Transit van that kept going.The chap in the Octavia stopped to find the deer dead,He quickly raised the tail gate and threw the deer in and drove home.Come and look what I've got in the car.What are you going to do with it she asked.After you have put the kids to bed I hang it up and skin it butcher it and put it in the freezer.We can have Venison for Sunday lunch.The kids will never eat Bambi.I've thought of that we will have a guessing game they can see if they can guess what it is.Come Sunday they were sitting down to lunch when Andrew asked what the meat was Well see if you can guess after a few Jean said give us a clue please Daddy. Well said Dad its something Mummy calls Daddy some times.Jean shoves the plate away and screams Don't eat it Andy its a bit of a arsehole
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:30:31 pm »
must be a term of endearment as my wife says that all the time  ;D
thanks wizard
kn

s7ephanie

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:14:13 pm »
I had a terrible experience with my Huskey and a deer a couple of weeks ago.  Walking through the lanes we came across a deer that had got caugt up in the blue nylon string that the farmers put round their fields (i'm in France) it took me ages but i managed to free the deer wich promptly turned and rushed at me, My dog Blue went for the deer and the deer managed to get his antlers under Blues collar and twist it tight. I wrestled the deer to the ground trying to free Blue, poor Blue had blood coming out of his mouth and is eyes were going red, so trying to get the antlers out whilst keeping the antlers away from his eyes.
I was screaming, Blue was screaming as was the deer ! it was awful. I finally managed to free Blue and lucky he was ok.
I changed his collar (the old one didn't have a buckle) and now go out with leatherman knife in my pocket.  If it happens aain the deer will end up in the freezer!
My hands looked like raw meat for days after and the bruises a lovely sade of black and blue.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 07:21:55 pm »
Things could have turned out so diffrently, glad all ended with no casualties.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »
There are several happenings of deer seriously hurting human victims.They are very nasty things indeed especialy at rutting time ??? :farmer:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 08:58:15 pm »
My Mum and Dad live in Switzerland - up an alp - and a few years ago found a deer tangelled in some old fencing between their place and the village - Dad's a pretty fit guy and it took all his strength to untangle it and it limped away bleeding and sore - swiss authorities sent up a helicopter to try to track it down to get it sorted out!! You just wouldn't believe that would you - not saying it don't deserve it but can't see them doing that here.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 03:02:43 am »
lucky escape for me and my dogs then, dont think shak sees it that way though
kn

Sandy

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 10:31:00 am »
THey look so nice too!! We saws some last night they just froze as we watched them!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS