Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Castlemilk moorit lamb a bit odd!  (Read 2251 times)

Weeblehg

• Joined Feb 2016
Castlemilk moorit lamb a bit odd!
« on: April 24, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »
We've just finished lambing and now have 8 shiny new additions (7 boys, would you believe!). There's one CMM lamb in particular though who just looks a bit odd compared to the others. His fleece is quite fuzzy and pale, he has really pale markings. His build is quite different too, quite short bodied with stocky legs and a large head on a skinny neck. He seems to be doing OK after a slow start, but just curious about how different he looks to the other 7. He has a brother who looks more conventional CMM.
(Image doesn't seem to work for me so if someone could let me know if it's attached or not?)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:01:21 pm by Weeblehg »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Castlemilk moorit lamb a bit odd!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:36:43 pm »
The image is there, lamb looks OK to me.  Have you got a pic of the others to compare?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Coximus

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:38:17 pm »
I've had 2 this year come out like that, theyre now about amonth old and look fine and the same as others - Its quite common for one twin to be under developed compared to the other one, this one may be effectively a fortnight behind the other in terms of its development physically.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:45:10 pm »
I have the opposite! I have one who is tiny and really dark with next to no pale markings. His brother looks normal (and almost twice his size!).
I guess some of them just come out a bit different!

Last year I had one come out with one white sock and a white dot on his bum. Not had anything like that before or this year so just chalked it up to a blip and him for the freezer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS