Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: where to buy the best value for money utensils etc  (Read 1655 times)

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
where to buy the best value for money utensils etc
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:19:00 pm »
Just need a few bits is there anywhere online that sells the best value utensils and kit?

We've bought a few old shovels etc off some community project that refubs old quality tools and happy with them however garden centres and be total rip off merchants when it comes to trays, watering cans etc.

Anyone found a good supplier?

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: where to buy the best value for money utensils etc
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »
eBay for a lot of things - it's a pretty efficient marketplace and usually safe if you check seller feedback before buying.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »
Agree ebay for a lot of stuff, specially if travelling to buy means distance/costs. Local village builders merchant stocks decent shovels/spades (I tend to bend ordinary ones). Wilco's quite good for some stuff as is B&Q for buckets/growbags (can't have enough buckets - can make decent pots out of them too).
For pots and trays i usually cross reference some goodle searches with ebay and buy in bulk... haven't had to buy for 3 years so can;t remember who i used but I was after some huge plastic tubs with handles to transpant the citrus and did find a reasonable price source.
B&Q had soem good lookig blueberries 3 for £10 yesterday.. better quality than wilcos £3 ones (which aren't bad. Wilco also had good looking small fig planst and kiwi as well as currants so i added to my stocks there. Just ordered 9 more currants from j parkers online for £22 delivered..all three colours and claimed 2yrs old with 3+ stems.
I have a theory that if I grow enough the birds might leave me some.. ::)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 06:32:39 pm »

<<< I have a theory that if I grow enough the birds might leave me some.. ::) >>>

No, it just encourages the whole family to move in  :roflanim:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS