Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Uses for a polytunel.  (Read 1818 times)

pottybird

• Joined Apr 2016
Uses for a polytunel.
« on: April 18, 2016, 05:24:56 pm »
Further to my previous post about a neighbour using his field shelter  for vehicle storage I forgot to add that he had also put up a polytunel, also on agricultural land, and is using this to store another unroadworthy car. This polytunel has never been used for cultivation, but used for vehicle storage from day one. Starting to look like a scrappy yard down there....Is this permissible? I'm a bit worried that this is the future as he has a number of garages that he has various bits of cars in, and adds to them on a regular basis.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Uses for a polytunel.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:09:49 pm »
I doubt the council or authorities would be able to act on it because of a worry you have about the future.

If he is scrapping cars then you may have a leg to stand on - but I believe that unless its causing an eyesore or an environmental hazard then nothing can be done.

What counts as an eyesore?  Not sure its pretty subjective really.  I wouldnt like anyone telling me I have to get rid of any of my 12 vehicles.  Even if most of them are knackered and parked in various corners of fields where they died or got towed for space on the yard.

You've won the court case about access - he is a little annoyed I guess.  If this is the worst he can do - I would leave it alone.

He could be a right pita - put in a 28 day agri notice and build a 12 meter high, 465 square meter agricultural garage to maintain his fleet used for agricultural purposes.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS