Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 2 Golden Guernsey Billy Goats - Central Scotland  (Read 2846 times)

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
2 Golden Guernsey Billy Goats - Central Scotland
« on: April 17, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »
It is with regret that we are looking for a new home for our 2 Golden Guernsey billy goats. They are year old brothers, uncastrated and unregistered. They are great characters and it is with great sadness that we need to find them a new home. The reason for this is that our fences aren't up to the job of keeping them in one field and we border on two busy roads one being a motorway so can't take the risk of them causing an accident.

We are open to offers for them but must insist that they stay together as they always have been and don't like to be apart.

We could deliver them within a reasonable distance.

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
Re: 2 Golden Guernsey Billy Goats - Central Scotland
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »
Hi there where abouts are You

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »
We're at Harthill.

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 09:40:10 pm »
Would I mange to come tomorrow and see them

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:47:11 am »
Hi, I've sent you a pm.

aess35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 04:37:09 pm »
Hi sorry for not coming sooner but do you still have the goats I'm in the area today. Colin

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 10:19:39 am »
Hi ,

Sorry just saw your post. We've decided to have one last go at containing them as we really don't want to have to get rid of them. If it doesn't work I'll let you know and see if you're still interested.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 10:29:25 am »
Try electric fencing as well, NethertonSH, getting your vet to castrate them may help, entire males do not always make very good pets. Good luck.

NethertonSH

• Joined May 2015
    • Netherton Smallholding
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 11:10:36 am »
Thanks for the advice Talana, is it a big procedure to castrate them? I've thought about electric fencing but thought they'll be half way over the fence when it hits them.

Talana

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 02:23:10 pm »
Speak to your vet about castration normally it's done when young kids but it's possible for vet to do operation in adults. Once electric fence set up make sure you introduce them to it by pushing them against it so get a shock as since they have gotten into a bad habit of jumping out they will jump before knowing what an electric fence is. Alternatively a 5ft/6ft fence(deer fence) is the other option. Good luck any other advice post in the goats section

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS