Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Importing from France  (Read 689 times)

Bywaters

• Joined Apr 2016
Importing from France
« on: April 11, 2024, 06:37:05 pm »
Has anyone on here imported any livestock from France recently ?

I appreciate that it's going to get even worse by the end of the year, but was wondering if anyone could give me a clue as to how much of a ballache it is and what sort of ££ it might end up at, with the inspections, certificates, tests etc etc

I'm sort of toying with the idea of a few ouessants but am loath to pay the sort of money I have seen them - at circa £250 a ewe - when my Whitefaced Woodlands get nowhere near that and are twice the size !

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Importing from France
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 06:34:08 pm »
I'm curious why it will get worse by the end of the year @Bywaters? Is something happening there that I haven't heard about?

I think the key issue is 'imported', because it's the exporter that fills in the paperwork, so you would need to ask someone here if they can do it. I think there are English speaking facebook groups that might know, but I can't point you in the right direction unfortunately. Perhaps try a Google search?

Bywaters

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 07:37:48 pm »
Thanks Chris

From what I have read, by the end of the year, imported livestock will require an inspection on arrival in uk, which, apparently, is not required now (?)

On top of the blood tests and other inspections

Tim W

• Joined Aug 2013
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:17:27 pm »
I'm curious why it will get worse by the end of the year @Bywaters? Is something happening there that I haven't heard about?

BTV will amplify an already difficult import/export procedure

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS