Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Unintroduce myself  (Read 3798 times)

Touchwood

• Joined Nov 2009
    • http://touchwoodcraft.webs.com/
Unintroduce myself
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:56:51 pm »
Just to say goodbye, I have tried to be part of this site on 2 occasions now and each time I have felt that I have "ruffled the feathers" of others who have been on the site for longer than I have. I joined this site hoping to gain knowledge in areas that I felt lacking but also to be able to offer advice where appropriate. Unfortunately the impression that I get is that there are a number of older members that think they have a monopoly on the site and are happy to welcome newcomers as long as they don't have an opinion and only want to ask advice. Possibly because I don't hide the fact I prefer to give my time to rescuing ex-breeding dogs instead of making money from them.
Check out http://touchwoodcraft.webs.com/ for environmentally friendly crafts.

HappyHippy

Re: Unintroduce myself
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:06:41 pm »
I don't know what's happened  ??? but I'm sorry you're leaving.
We DO have fall out's, but being reasonable adults (most of the time ;)) surely we can respect each other's differences and agree to disagree ? I don't think anyone, no matter how long they've been a member, would want to push anyone out and certainly no-one (apart from Dan and Rosemary - but it's their site) has any kind of monopoly over posts.
We all have bad days - maybe it'll be better tomorrow ? If not, then please have a happy and healthy future and take care.
Karen xxx

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:11:09 pm »
Did I miss something?   ??? ???

What a shame that you feel that way Touchwood.

Karen could be right, it just might all be better later.  If not, take care.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 06:21:13 pm »
Touchwood, I have no idea what you're referring to. I'm sorry you feel that way - I've always felt that folk here are given a fair go. Dan's been looking through threads you've posted too and we can't see the reason for your disgruntlement unless you've deleted posts or threads.

Sorry you're leaving, even if we don't know why but it's a free country.

I wish you success with the dog rescue and you'll be welcome back anytime.

Rosemary

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 06:23:43 pm »
Sorry to hear that Touchwood. Personally I thought you were giving a lot of good advice just recently re hedging etc, and I thought that you were enjoying posting here. Apologies if I was wrong, and also that you feel put off by other members. I am sure that no-one would do that intentionally.

Good luck anyway

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 06:31:08 pm »
Please don't leave.  I've just looked at all your posts too, and they seem as if you have good advice and have joined in the spirit of the forum  I can only think that someone has sent you private messages and that is what has made you want to leave.  The only hiccup I had was the first time I tried to access the rescue website but I thought we had sorted that out right away - I apologised for thinking it was an attack site didn't I? It was just my overactive virus checker.  I hope you'll reconsider.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

JD

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Glasgow
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »
Hi Touchwood sorry to read that you are not happy with TAS site. I remember the thread about the dog rescue site you mentioned which got some really interesting posts and had valuable input from yourself. I for one thought that was a good post which led me to a really good site for rescue dogs.I don't post much on the site but I read everything and have learned a lot. I only have a garden with veg, fruit and 4 chooks but i read about pigs and horses and dogs and even recipes!! (have you tried Rosemary's tea  loaf?) Also I may not agree with everything that is posted but how boring would it be if we all agreed on the same things. Please keep on reading and if anything comes up that you have an opinion on then throw in your tuppence worth. It will be appreciated. All the best,
JD

sandy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:17:23 pm »
 ??? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase don't leave!! I moan at my man ALL the time but love him dearly, we have been together for 16 years and we still have niggles  ??? THa's life, we all are different and have different needs and I at least respect them..been very busy lately with B&B stuff but not sure why yiu are off....One thing I would say, sometimes I get a bit mad as some people think thier opinion is the only one :P at least stay and voice your thoughts!!!! P.S love our dogs, love dogs in general and would have more rescue ones but got enough with the one rescue one I have, he's lovely jubbly but has his faults, guess lke me!! Love what you are doing, keep it up even if you do leave!!! Please say what has offended you and who said it, it's the only way we know if what we say offends, at least we are not face to face and so no bully tacktics fingers crossed!!!! AND, you made me want another rescue dog!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:41:13 am by sandy »

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 11:03:04 pm »
PLease don't leave!
I am grateful for the advice you have given me.
On any forum there are always people with thousands of posts who seem to be the ones who are in charge - but thats not the case - they have just been around longer. It doesnt mean their posts are more important or more valid.
You have  a valuable contribution to make and should not feel unwanted.
So we disagree sometimes - and you may privately think certain individuals are a pain in the ass, know it alls or whatever - just ignore them! The majority are nice friendly folks who make up for it..... and have no axe to grind.
So hang around please!
I realise it will be embarrassing to change your mind so how about you dont mention it - just come back and the mod will maybe delete this thread if you ask him?
Val

sandy

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 12:52:04 am »
Now I am paranoid as I breed dogs for £££££££££  ??? I love it and would give them away but Why ??? Just look at them, I could keep them all but am in touch with nearly all the new owners and they are kivung the addutuin to thier lives as I do!!!!!!    bitting my finger nails as I hope I have not offended anyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:53:40 am by sandy »

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:37:16 pm »
I  have to say     even not having followed the threads leading up to this announcement i quietly understand exactly where this person is coming from. There are with every forum a number of older and regular posters who have something to say on every subject which can sometimes be intimidating and somewhat off putting. I do however think that there is something to be gleaned from a wealth of experience and knowledge and always something to give back. The trick is not to take it too personally as the written word whether it be this way    text or otherwise is easily open to misinterpretation being devoid of expression feeling or emotion. I for one have picked up all sorts of hints and tips for which i have been grateful.........I have attempted to offer something back and sometimes felt that an older regular poster has hit in with a completely different and occassionally damming opinion....their way or the highway if you like...........however i am learning not to take it personally however ticked off i get   and i would hope that Touchwood would be willing to hang on in and have another go.....take it as it is give a little back...........and i don't mean to patronise when i say this. Much of it makes for interesting reading ;D

sandy

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 06:42:50 pm »
One more comment!!  promise as this has got to me!! Several times I have felt a bit p*ssssssssd off  by comments but I see things through others eyes! I have my way and if I want advise I ask but if someone comes over tooo bossy then I am off, even if my OH helps me I hate it! I have my way and to me thats the way I take, saying that, I know others have much more experience and I do take on baord advice but not controle!!!!!! P>S I knoiw others who do not post any more due to controling comments! advice comes from experience but we all are learning and what works for one will not work for another!! ;)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 06:56:57 pm »
(?! Touchwood, think I've missed something?!)
don't take things personally folks, its a forum, not a drama club...
Little Blue

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:43 pm »
...................above post

...................i rest my case.

...................sadly.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 08:38:28 pm »
    ;)        ;D
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS