Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Easy Care Sheep  (Read 2779 times)

Sandyknox

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Dumfries, Scotland
Easy Care Sheep
« on: April 03, 2016, 11:48:20 am »
I have always kept Shetlands / Mule sheep but i decided last year to sell my shetlands thinking it would be easy to find some in lamb ewes this year , which i am struggling with

I have been offered some Easycare Ewes on there 2nd crop for £60 a life  (£180 ) for ewe and twins 2 week old ,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Easycare ewes and if they are worth giving a shot

S.Knox

shotblastuk

• Joined May 2013
  • Proper Gloucestershire !!
Re: Easy Care Sheep
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 12:30:51 pm »
I would imagine all breeds would be the same. They're only easy care if you buy quality stock to start with from a decent breeder. Maybe they could change the breed name to 'easier'care.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 01:46:01 pm »
Easycare are a self-shedding breed, aren't they?  And supposed to have good feet, and so on?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 12:01:00 am »
 :wave: i have been breeding them for about 7 years .i think they are great but there is alot of crap out there . they are designed to produce  lambs of grass alone but they do need grass . if you are short on grass and are going to start feeding then it does away with the point of them and youd be better with something else . the easycare tup over the blackie also produces a cracking mule which isnt hungry like a standard one and more than half still shed there wool .i culled mine hard for most problems so now have very few whatsoever .the worst problems i ever had with them were from ones i bought in so buy carefully. any specific questions about them feel free to drop me a pm .

Kinburn 1919

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »
Hi, I am at Greenloaning on the other side of the Ochills from you, just bought  EASY CARE TUP...looking to buy at some point some 2 or 3 crop ewes, was originally starting of breeding ewe lambs with young tup, but not sure its fair on the young ladies, as I am led to believe they mostly have twins.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS