Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: never guesss what i found  (Read 3993 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
never guesss what i found
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:24:59 pm »
A ww2 unexploded bomb washed up in the eastnuke of fife, just along from cellardyke harbour.

so today was my

First trip in a police van
First time seeing a WW2 bomb
First time i have seen have of my grans neighbours (nosey old people)
First time giving evidence

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
Re: never guesss what i found
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:35:22 pm »
Wow! Quite an experience!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:41:49 pm »
Good grief - I was over there a few weeks ago (Vet clinic at St Monans)and will be back on 14th June with Freckles for her check up.  I'm glad you found it before then, we might have been blown up ;) ;D ;D ;D  Seriously, I take it that it was no longer dangerous, or did they have to do a controlled explosion?  How did you come across that, Cameron?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:03:24 am »
Oh goodness, what an exciting time for you!!!

Someone near us was digging in his garden and found a WW2 unexploded bomb.  His neighbours were evacuated and the army came to make it safe.  Its amazing where these things turn up, especially after all this time.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:08:47 am »
I think it's great that the producers of Dr Who have brought wartime Britain to the forefront again, and Winston Chirchill too.  History being remade - Winston and the Daleks - what a combination ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 08:13:48 am »
Let's hope it's your ONLY trip in a police van  ;D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 09:06:48 am »
Now you cannot say that life is boring but I expect finding a bomb is something that will never happen to you again, what next, spacemen maybe  ;D

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 11:21:39 am »
I live within a mile of a bombing range, they practice every week but thank goodness they only drop dummy bombs! Not as exciting as your find!

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:44:25 pm »
I found it by accident, another dog was coming along towards me and my Gran's one, so i stepped down onto the beach to avoid it, and nearly tripped over it,

i thought it was a gas canister but there was no flat edge,

in answer to the what did they do, i have not got a clue, we left before the Bomb squad arrived  :(  (dad needed his tea)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 03:19:58 pm »
Hey Sheila have you been to Coningsby and seen that "Earthquake Bomb " I know its only the empty casing but i bet that sod shook the wax out of your ears if you were anywhere near by when one of them went off ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 03:28:31 pm »
Cameron Its at the home of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight at Coningsby It would make you a nice pig ark in your field with a suitable hole cut in the side to gain access Its very large the Grand Slam version was packed with 10,000kgs of high explosive It must be over 4ft high and 20ft long BANG was what it did and then some one shouted watch out for the bits ??? ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 03:36:23 pm »
What about all them luverly seals Sheila now the A10's don't shoot em up.I've seen the seals clapping when all them pretty blue lights come on on the A10 and I have had one come up the road towards me about a 100ft high and them lights come on It's a jolly good job they were only tendin intit?  ;D ;D ;D :farmer:

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 07:51:58 pm »
The seals are a sight to behold. I usually go to see them in November and they don't seem to care about the bombing at all. I went to the memorial flight at Coningsby last year. We went with the W.I and were given special treatment. It was wonderful and a must see in my opinion.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 09:30:02 pm »
I agree Sheila but anyone who wants to visit wants to look up if the aircraft is there.It's a shame to go and find the "Phantom of the Rhur" is doing a flyby on the south coast or some where miles away.You could call on Fred and Harold and if its the right day you could have a ride in Just Jane a WW2 Lancaster Bomber it is hoped to have it airworthy next year  :farmer:

sandy

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 12:37:59 am »
Bl***Y Hell!!!!, you never know what you are going to see on  the beach!!!! I keep an eye out for money £££'s, never found any and when I go into woodland I wounder if any body has been dumped there...I lived near a woodland where a body or two or three was dumped!!! much mire ex citing to find a bomb rather than a body!!! oooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS