Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1566 times)

Zedz

• Joined Mar 2016
« on: March 23, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »
Hi Guys,

I registered after reading a great post on moving a Rayburn by 'Womble'. My wife and I bought a small place in Wales, totally unloved and in need of much TLC but in a great location and we love it. Looking for ideas on how to develop it.

We have been offered a deal to rent the land for grazing sheep but are reluctant to jump into anything. We haven't had the discussion in detail yet. We have to get the house habitable having spent all our spare money buying it! I can't see myself offering anything of value to this forum but will probably get a lot by belonging to it and learning from your experience.

Thanks for setting it up and running it,

Mike

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »
Hello, Mike from a drizzly Devon!

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 06:21:04 pm »
 :wave:and from a dry north Lincolnshire. You will be surprised at the subjects covered on this forum! Don't be surprised if you find yourself offering advice

Zedz

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 06:23:26 pm »
Hello to a drizzly Devonlady!  :raining: It's looking pretty good up here too, but who knows?

I can help with a few things I'm sure DandC  :wave: not on the smallholding front though!

Cheers Guys

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 11:52:20 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire. John and Helen came on this site as newbies and have kept us entertained with a running commentary on how things were going, with lots of photos. They now have goats and sheep and chickens, so are getting there. I'm sure you could do the same. We all love to see how a property can develop from an idea into a working smallholding.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 07:00:53 am »
Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: Carnoustie  :wave:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 08:36:59 am »
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum for sunny Carmarthenshire.
You would be surprised about the information you pick up quickly and can offer advice to others.
Good luck with your new place
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 09:37:23 am »
Hi mike and welcome to the forum from a sunny ceredigion! :wave: I hope that we can be of any assistance in giving advice to you in the future and I also hope that you will be giving us the advice in the near future  :)  All the best with everything :thumbsup:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS